Protecting your Privacy
At Brandster Services Pty Ltd (“Brandster Services”) your privacy is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Brandster Services complies with the Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles. This Privacy/Collection Statement explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. name, address and phone number). Personal information includes sensitive information. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
Who will be collecting your personal information
Your personal information will be collected by Brandster Services for its own use and on behalf of sub-contractors, who might require access to your personal information in connection with the work you request for us to undertake on your behalf. Each time you visit our website statistical data is collected. This data is not linked to a particular person and does not provide us with any personal information.
How your information will be collected when visiting our website
You can visit our website and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
When you visit the Brandster Services website, we record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server/IP address, and the information viewed and/or downloaded. The information gathered cannot be directly matched to an individual and is only used for administration and statistical purposes such as error logging. The information cannot tell us anything about you, it can only tell us about how you used our website. This information can help us determine what areas of our website are most beneficial to our visitors. No attempt is made by Brandster Services to identify users or their browsing activities.
If you submit an online booking, quote request, or general enquiry via our website, we do collect some personal information about you, which you volunteer by filling in your details. The information required may include providing basic personal details such as your name, address, phone number and email address etc. You may also submit your resume or curriculum vitae for consideration for current or future employment opportunities. The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and use by Brandster Services staff only for the purposes for which it was intended. By submitting your personal information in this way, you acknowledge and accept our Privacy / Collection Statement.
We do not disclose any information gathered about your visit to our website, or personal information that you provide to any other organisation outside Brandster Services, unless you have consented or we are required to do so by law.
How your personal information may be used Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- Performing the contracted services you have requested from us;
- billing and acquiring payment for services completed by us as requested by you;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- to advise you of any upcoming promotions, events or topics that might be of interest to you. You are free to notify us if you no longer wish to receive such notices, or unsubscribe from this service at any time;
- other activities required to operate and carry out our business;
- your actual or possible employment;
- checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and
- services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing;
- to undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies.
Personal information may be disclosed to:
- Brandster Services staff and sub-contractors;
- our insurers;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our nominated credit/collection agency/s;
- any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information.
Protection and security of your information
Brandster Services takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerised databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. All Brandster Services staff and sub-contractors are expected to protect the privacy of personal information relating to customers and work colleagues. Personal information must not be used or disclosed except as necessary for the sole purpose of completing job requirements.
Visitors to our premises must sign in and are accompanied by a member of staff for the duration of the visit. We use secure methods to destroy personal information as soon as the law permits and provided that the information is no longer required by us.
Access to your information
Subject to exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, please contact us on 02 9623 1177.
External sites that are linked to or from the Brandster Services website are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information, please do so during normal office hours of Mon-Fri, 8.30am-4.30pm. Phone: 02 9623 1177 Post: PO Box 166, St Marys NSW 1790 Online Enquiry